DeathToTyrants

A site devoted to the finer things in life: politics, literature, discussion, gambling, et al.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Monday, April 04, 2005

A note

To all the many avid readers of this site (basically BMK and young KP) I would like to apologize for the long delay between articles. I have been very busy with a few other things, none of which should be as important as entertaining and informing you, but there we are. Regular programming will return tomorrow. I have been trying to write a piece on Tom Friedman and his newest article (soon to be a book!) but have been distracted by it being Opening Day of baseball and the NCAA Championship. Big day. This isn't what has precluded me from writing the past two weeks, but it is today. Tomorrow everything will be better, and I promise an article. So you can all go back to doing whatever it is you do, and not have to wait, with baited, nervous breath, for the next article. When it comes up, I'll be sure to send up a plume of colored smoke and announce, pope style, "We have a blog." Bells will chime, rest assured.

Again, apologies, and I look forward to resuming the usual level of comments.

brian o'neill

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful. Finally a new post and it turns out to not be a post at all. Thanks for nothing.

6:12 PM  
Blogger cairobrian said...

Sorry about that, Anon. Just be patient- remember: suffering in this world leads to greater satisfaction in the next, or something like that. And, perhaps in the next life, you can reveal your identity, rather than snipe from the shadows. I promise something tomorrow.

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had my greater satisfaction in the last world. At the moment I'm on a downward swing, but thanks for the peppy advice. Also, I can't help but notice that you have time to reply to comments but not enough time to post.

7:50 PM  
Blogger cairobrian said...

It's easy to reply to snippy comments. Plenty of time to do that.

Here is what you get for complaining, though: 2400 words on Tom Friedman. Happy?

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm an avid reader (and advertiser) of your site. Where's the love?

9:37 PM  
Blogger cairobrian said...

Yes, KON, I should have included you. I more meant people with whom I wasn't in regular contact. Mea culpa.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home